This building was originally the Coventry Town Clerk’s office. Dating from the 1870’s, it was converted to the Washington Fire Station. When the new Washington Fire Station was built in the 1950’s the building became the Alarm Building – an electronic notification center. The building was purchased in 2021 by the Western Rhode Island Civic Historical Society and is currently undergoing restoration.
